Get In Touch
- Tel: 01527 861421
- Email: email@example.com Email Us
Each year, we have an intake of 30 children in our one reception class, Robins.
We start our transition process as early as possible, following school places being confirmed by Worcestershire County Council in April.
Our transition process is as follows:
1) Letter to all families after places have been confirmed (May).
2) Opportunities for 'stay and play' sessions and a chance to meet your teacher (May/June)
3) Transition visits for children in their new class (June/July)
4) Home visits for children who do not attend our pre-school (June/July)
5) Children have a staggered start into our Reception class, starting with half days and finishing the week with a full day in school (September)
Please ensure you have applied for a school place by January 15th.
The curriculum your child will follow is called the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum. This covers children’s learning from birth up to and including 5 years of age.
The curriculum is divided into 7 areas of learning:
Three prime areas:
Four Specific areas:
Children will learn in a carefully structured and well-resourced environment as part of an adult-led whole class approach or sometimes in small groups or as individuals with an adult as a co-play partner or facilitator of learning.